Saturday, August 18, 2007

leaving the pipes

its hard to believe that a whole year has passed by. it has gone by so damn quickly! Ok the last decade went by pretty quickly too, I'll blame it on Mike since I blame him for everything else too. But MAN! WHERE DID THESE 12 MONTHS GO???

I don't like crying - and when poop hits the fan I often don't. The reason why I make jokes about my Aunt's heart attack, or either get mad or ice up at other inopportune times. and sometimes I just don't notice the sadness creep up on me, slowly from behind while I'm running around with mundane activities - like oh a thesis.

But today I got out of bed early and headed for the market for the second last time and on CBC radio one they were airing some of the phone in messages they had received on the subject of bagpipes. Apparently I missed a weekend of bagpipes at one point and there was talk of having another weekend of pipes. And of course, being in the maritimes there was an overwhelming number of calls of support, guys with thick east coast accents asking for Scotland the Brave. and darn it - I started to cry. Only in the East Coast will I ever find a whole region of people who love the pipes enough to have a whole weekend of it on CBC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home