Saturday, August 18, 2007

I left my volvo in Nova Scotia

Now anyone who has known me all these years would know that until this May 25th I have only owned Volvo's or Volkswagons - and I truly thought that I would only be a V owner until the end of my days. Well the red matrix has been worn in and we woke up to a nasty flat tire on the Volvo one day - the last day we drove it.

The guys painting the house have offered to buy it which is better than we could do anywhere else - its got some body rot and in need of various work which the mechanic advised against.

But once this car was driven by kings - of sorts. You see our 1989 Volvo was once owned by Terry Matthews, the founder of Newbridge Networks. In its heyday it was a hip car driven by Ottawa's finest IT royalty. Now almost two decades later it will retire to Nova Scotia - where it will be driven by Joe MacIsaac, the house painter. And it will carry paints and ladders and other acroutements of a painting vocation. I love my volvo and hope it will remain on the road for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home